To make sure we can serve our customers safely we have implemented some new measures to ensure our staff and customers stay in good health. We hope these changes will mean everyone can come to socialise in a safe and happy way.
We would like to update you on these changes so you can feel safe and confident about your next visit...
- Throughout the Horse & Groom, we will be operating a one-way system. Please make sure you stick to this route at all times. There will be directional arrows throughout the pub.
- We will be following a strict two metre distancing rule at all times.
- There are sanitised stations positioned throughout the pub, please make sure you make use of them.
- All staff will be wearing PPE along with perspex protection areas set up for customers and staff.
- We have a one person toilet rule (only one person in the toilet at one time with sanitized stations). The toilets will be cleaned every 30 minutes.
- All payments must be made using contactless or by chip and pin where possible.
Our team will be adhering to strict social distancing guidelines.
We will follow the highest standards of personal hygiene, washing hands regularly, wearing face visors and gloves, maintaining a safe distance from each other and customers.
We will be open limited hours and operate with a small team, to ensure that limited contact is made.
TRACK & TRACE
We will be operating our own version of ‘Track & Trace’. We will ask all our customers to fill in a simple email and address card so if anything were to happen, it will allow us to pass information quickly to those concerned.
We have an outdoor bar area under cover for social distancing. This will be a safe and social area with tables spread out with a two metre distance between. This area will benefit from table service and disposable menus.
Parking will be limited - we encourage our customers to cycle (where possible) to the Horse & Groom. For all those that cycle four times a week to the pub, you will get a free pint and a packet of crisps!
To enter the restaurant, please use the path from the car park taking you through the herb garden and enter through the rear entrance directly into the restaurant. You will be greeted by a member of staff and shown to your table. Tables are spread out with a two metre distance. There will be table service throughout your visit and disposable menus.
We will be running with a smaller menu than usual, however there will be a new menu weekly and our special Market Menu every Monday. Everything is still freshly prepared using locally sourced ingredients.
Booking is essential. Please call us on 01243 575339 to book your table.
BED & BREAKFAST
For our staying guests we will be operating a self check in service.
You will be notified about the procedure prior to your stay.
When using the corridors to get to your room, please make sure the walkways are clear. If someone is coming in the opposite direction, please stand back at a safe distance to allow the person to pass.
Breakfast will be served for our staying guests only.